Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek in March
- unique alpine views that are spellbinding
- View of the beautiful sunrise from Poon Hill
- A close-up view of the tallest mountains in the world, including Dhaulagiri and Annapurna
- Spend the night in Annapurna Base Camp.
- Glacier views that are breathtaking from Annapurna Base Camp
- Taking a hot spring soak in Jhinu Danda
- At sunrise, the silvery peaks sparkle with hues of gold and orange.
- Ghandruk's Gurung Museum's
- diverse exotic flora and fauna
- a glimpse into the rich tradition and culture of Nepal
- exploring the Annapurna Conservation Area's rhododendron woodlands on foot.
- Amazing, vibrant woodlands.
- forests of rhododendrons in full bloom.
- The many flower scents along the hiking trail will charm you.
Weather And Temperature In Annapurna Trek in March
The months of March experience consistent, warm weather. There are still a few weeks before the monsoon rains arrive. While the nights are chilly, the days remain sunny and warm.
As height is gained, the temperature drops. The temperature can drop to -16 degrees Celsius in higher elevations. March has relatively little precipitation. Although the humidity may rise in April, the warmth-to-visibility ratio remains ideal. The majestic Mountain ranges may be seen clearly against a background of a bright blue sky.
Accommodation during ABC Trek in March
In the Annapurna region, March is one of the busiest months for hikes. All of the lodges and tea rooms along the trails are open due to the lovely weather and amazing natural scenery. You won't have much trouble finding the accommodations of your choice.
As you continue your trip, you will stop at various tea houses along the way. However, there are also possibilities for homestays and motels along the route because of how well-liked paths are.
The tea houses along the ABC journey are really cozy, spotless, and wonderful places to unwind. Most of them have a home-stay vibe to them. You will undoubtedly see other hikers in March, and you can enjoy a little warmth from the stove as you eat or converse in the evening before going to bed. You may easily find single accommodations in March in Pokhara, Kathmandu, and the lower parts of the walk. The options will decrease as you get higher.
How Difficult is Annapurna Base Camp Trek in March?
The trek to Annapurna Base Camp is moderately difficult. There are no sections of technical climbing. You can finish this trek if you have a basic degree in fitness. The uphill and downhill track moves over an elevation of 3000m as you journey for 5-8 hours each day. The air pressure and oxygen levels both drastically decrease at high altitudes. Trekkers who go there run a significant danger of getting altitude sickness.
Altitude sickness can be managed with proper acclimatization, consistent hydration, and, if necessary, descending to lower altitudes. Trekkers need to use special caution because the snow deposits on the slopes and trail will still be melting.
In addition, wearing the appropriate apparel and equipment will shield you from the chilly temperatures at night and in the morning. The trek to Annapurna Base Camp in March is generally considered to be of moderate difficulty.
Tips to Annapurna Base Camp In March
- Because the weather at a high altitude is so unpredictable, be ready for everything.
- Make careful to get accommodations in advance since spring is a popular time of year.
- To get to your destination faster, start your trip early in the morning.
- Be sure to include sleeping bags and warm clothing for the night.
- To make your walk easier, hire a porter to carry your bags.
- Spend enough time becoming acclimated to prepare your body.
- Continue to hydrate and sip clean water.
- Since there are no ATMs along the ABC route, bring extra cash.
Festivals of March
Nepal is a culturally diverse nation because it is home to more than 123 different ethnic groups. You may experience the celebration of a variety of festivals throughout March, which will enhance your trip. Similar to India, Nepal is a peaceful nation where many religions coexist together. Attending Hindu celebrations like Holi, Ghodejatra, and Shivaratri, which may all take place in March, might help you better appreciate Nepalese culture. You should be aware that Nepal observes most of its traditional Hindu holidays according to the lunar calendar. As a result, several March-related events may occur in February or April of the year after.
Other best treks route in March